Most people believe that passing the GMAT is the first step toward an MBA. But what if I told you there’s one more step before you ace the GMAT that will have a long-term impact on your career path? Choosing the best GMAT prep resource is the first step. GMAT books or online courses are examples of these resources.
Looking to write the GMAT exam soon, we have you in mind. Here are some GMAT exam preparation books to help you get on set for your exam. Download them and start practicing now.
Table of contents
- 1. GMAT OFFICIAL GUIDE 2022 BUNDLE: 3 BOOKS + ONLINE QUESTION BANK 1ST EDITION
- 2. GMAT PREP PLUS 2022: 6 PRACTICE TESTS + PROVEN STRATEGIES + ONLINE + MOBILE (KAPLAN TEST PREP)
- 3. GMAT COMPLETE 2022: THE ULTIMATE IN COMPREHENSIVE SELF-STUDY FOR GMAT (KAPLAN TEST PREP)
- 4. GMAT PREP BOOK 2022 AND 2023: STUDY GUIDE AND PRACTICE TEST QUESTIONS
Best GMAT Exam Preparation Books
Here are the 8 best GMAT study materials:
1. GMAT OFFICIAL GUIDE 2022 BUNDLE: 3 BOOKS + ONLINE QUESTION BANK 1ST EDITION
This bundle official guide is an essential resource for GMAT study as it includes a thorough review of the GMAT exam content and test format by the test makers. You can study with confidence knowing you are preparing for your exams with a guide from the makers of the GMAT. Official Guide 2022 is the definitive study guide from the Graduate Management Admission Council, the makers of the GMAT exam. It contains over 1,000 real GMAT questions from past exams with detailed answer explanations that provide insight on how to approach each question from the perspective of the test maker.
The GMAT Official Guide Verbal Review 2022 and GMAT Official Guide Quantitative Review 2022 include more focused exam prep for the verbal and quantitative portions of the GMAT exam with more than 300 additional questions not available in the GMAT Official Guide 2022. The GMAT™ Official Guide 2022 series is the ONLY study guide that features real questions from past GMAT™ exams, offered exclusively by the makers of the Test Bank.
- An overview of the GMAT exam to familiarize yourself with its content and format
- 1,700 GMAT questions from real GMAT exams – 200 more questions than included with the 2019 edition of this bundle
- Detailed answer explanations for each exam question
- Actual essay topics, sample responses, and scoring information
- Comprehensive grammar and math review
- Focused study of verbal and quantitative exam sections with 300 bonus questions on each
- Questions are organized in order of difficulty – easiest to hardest – to help focus your study
- Online access to all questions – plus additional Integrated Reasoning questions – via the GMAT Online Question Bank, where you can build your own practice sets and test your skills
2. GMAT PREP PLUS 2022: 6 PRACTICE TESTS + PROVEN STRATEGIES + ONLINE + MOBILE (KAPLAN TEST PREP)
This book does a great job breaking down the different topics covered by the test as well as strategies pretty much anyone can learn to help improve in the exam. It covers all sections of the exam, helping you boost your studies. It is affordable. In this newest edition of Kaplan’s GMAT Prep Plus 2022, you’ll get over 120 new practice questions and updated videos in the online resources.
This edition reflects the most recent test changes. The book guides you through your GMAT prep step-by-step, with online practice and videos to ensure you’re ready for test day. You can also practice your pacing, and master the exam’s computerized format with an online practice test.
This practice kit contains
- One full-length online practice test so you can practice using the same computer-based format you’ll see on Test Day
- One full-length practice test is included in the book for easier reference and review
- 400+ practice questions with detailed explanations, including updated Integrated Reasoning questions
- Strategies and practice sets for all GMAT question types
3. GMAT COMPLETE 2022: THE ULTIMATE IN COMPREHENSIVE SELF-STUDY FOR GMAT (KAPLAN TEST PREP)
In GMAT, you will not only get practice questions with the Kaplan guide but there are also 6 full-length online practice tests and online videos to help you improve your score within a short period of time. This is a complete guide by Kaplan test Prep. As I mentioned before, Kaplan has been designing prep books and other resources to help students with their exams.
- A guide designed by Kaplan test Prep
- It has 6 full length online practice tests
- It comes with online resources
- Comes with 4 prep books that cover all sections of the GMAT
- It has over 500 questions online quiz bank
- Features over 2000 practice questions with detailed answers
4. GMAT PREP BOOK 2022 AND 2023: STUDY GUIDE AND PRACTICE TEST QUESTIONS
The GMAT Prep Book 2022 & 2023 is a well-thought-out and concise overview of test-taking strategies for success on the Graduate Management Admission Test. It is made by Test Prep Books experts for test takers trying to achieve a great score on the GMAT exam.
This comprehensive study guide includes:
- Quick Overview: Find out what’s inside this guide!
- Test-Taking Strategies: Learn the best tips to help overcome your exam!
- Introduction: Get a thorough breakdown of what the test is and what’s on it!
- Analytical Writing Assessment
- Integrated Reasoning
- Quantitative Reasoning
- Verbal Reasoning
- Practice Questions: Practice makes perfect!
- Detailed Answer Explanations: Here you figure out where you went wrong and how to improve!
- It is a GMAT prep book by Test Prep Books (Author)
- This is a 3rd edition book
- Comes with practice test questions with detailed answers
- The guide covers all the sections of the GMAT: Quantitative reasoning, analytical writing assessment, integrated reasoning, and verbal.
- Has test-taking strategies
5. CRACKING THE GMAT BY THE PRINCETON REVIEW
This book is a great resource to tell you how to take the GMAT. It’s especially important to note that this won’t give you the answers to the GMAT itself rather it will prepare you with strategies for taking the test. It is essentially designed to test your ability to pay attention to details and the ability to follow directions. This is a company that has been helping students to prepare for various exams since 1981. It has published books and many online courses.
Why you need this book:
- Powerful tactics to avoid traps and help beat the GMAT
- Step-by-step problem-solving guides for the toughest question types
- Key strategies to help you work smarter, not harder
- Comprehensive subject coverage of all GMAT topics
- A thorough review of necessary Math, Verbal, Writing, and Integrated Reasoning skills
- Bulleted chapter summaries for quick reference
- It’s a GMAT prep book by The Princeton Review
- Gives access to online tools such as video tutorials
- It has drills for each test section
- It comes with 6 computer adaptive practice tests with scores and answers
- It has bulleted chapter summaries so you can reference quick
- The book reviews all sections of the GMAT
- It features over 80 practice questions
6. 30-DAY GMAT SUCCESS
This book gives a very good way to consolidate your studying and helps you to think of ways to study the best way that is fit for you. It breaks the test down into manageable chunks so that the test-taker can easily handle the task of prepping for all sections in a short month. The book is ideal for those students who have an admission deadline or don’t have enough time to study. There is a guideline on how to create a plan that will enable you to study smart.
- It’s a GMAT prep Guide by Brandon Wu
- It is the 3rd edition of 30 Day GMAT success and has new features
- It contains test-taking strategies like study smart, time management, creating a study plan, working on your weaknesses
- Comes with practice questions with their answers
7. ALL THE GMAT: CONTENT REVIEW + 6 ONLINE PRACTICE TESTS + EFFECTIVE STRATEGIES TO GET A 700+ SCORE BY MANHATTAN PREP
This book comes with strategies on how to prepare effectively for your GMAT exams. It has detailed guides on how to manage your time properly, and how to identify your weaknesses and strength. All the GMAT comes with access to the Atlas online learning platform.
- It’s a GMAT prep book by Manhattan Prep
- Comes with 6 online practice tests
- It comes as a complete package with 3 books which include GMAT all the Verbal Guide, GMAT ALL THE Quant Guide, and GMAT Integrated Reasoning and Essay Guide
- Has strategies for tackling the test
- Has a review of the 4 sections of the test
- It is an updated version of the 10 books complete GMAT strategy guide Set 6th edition
8. MANHATTAN PREP GMAT ALL THE QUANT: THE DEFINITIVE GUIDE TO THE QUANT SECTION OF THE GMAT
GMAT All the Quant provides detailed and specialized instruction on Fractions, Decimals, Percentages, Ratios, Algebra, Word Problems, Number Properties, and Geometry. Acing the GMAT requires more than tricks and tips—you’ve got to master the material and learn how to think your way through GMAT problems.
Manhattan Prep guides contain the most in-depth, comprehensive materials available for GMAT studies and are the top-selling GMAT prep guides worldwide. This is a renowned test preparation company. It was founded in 2000 and now has instructors and talented teachers to prepare guides for various exams such as GMAT, LAST and GRE.
All the Quant guide includes the following content areas:
- Word Problems
- Number Properties
- It’s a GMAT prep book by Manhattan Prep
- It is an updated version of the 5-book GMAT Quant Strategy Guide Set 6th edition. 5 books were combined into 1 book
- Comes with practice questions with answers
- The book has the following content areas: Number properties, algebra, word problems, percentages, decimals, etc.
- It comes with strategies for how to manage time, how to create a study plan
FAQs On GMAT
GMAT syllabus comprises topics like Quantitative, Logical, and Verbal Reasoning under sections – Verbal Reasoning, Quantitative Reasoning, and Integrated Reasoning. GMAT exam also includes the Analytical Writing Assessment section which is not presented in CAT Exam.
Yes, GMAT is compulsory for an MBA in the USA, It is an important part of the admission process.
Yes, you can. GMAT remote proctored version of the test center-based GMAT exam designed to help you meet your application goals – from the comfort of your home.
The GMAT Quantitative Section is designed to test your content and analytical knowledge of basic math concepts, including arithmetic, algebra, and geometry. The section consists of two question types: Data Sufficiency and Problem Solving
Practicing with any of these GMAT exam preparation books will surely help get you set for your exam. You can be sure never to seat for the GMAT again after practicing with these books. They provide you with proven tips and guide on how to succeed in your exam. Do well to download them if you have not already and be on way to success in your GMAT exam.
We also have the following for your reading pleasure;
- How to Prepare for IELTS Exam at Home | Full GuideBest GMAT Exam Score: Is Mine Bad or Good?
- GMAT Exam Pattern: What To Know & How To Prepare
- How Long Does it Take to Get GRE Test
- Mock GMAT Exam: How to Decode the Exam-likely Questions
- What is the Use of the GMAT Exam in 2022
- What are the Eligibilities for GMAT Exam in 2022?