The reality of our world today is that life now lives on the internet. The consequences of the 2020 Covid19 pandemic showed third world countries like Nigeria, that survival has to be digitalized.
For the first time in a lifetime, the federal government of Nigeria officially recommended online learning platforms for schools to enable them to cope with the uncertainty of the duration of the national lockdown.
Online learning became essential to get students connected to education. With this shift, the online test platform came at the heels of e-learning.
Sadly, most learning administrators were so unprepared for the swift jolt out of the ‘Nigerian usual’ (the Analog-Nigeria). In fact, most schools couldn’t and still cannot take on the e-learning system; howbeit, an online test platform. Nonetheless, it is an inevitable necessity that must be adopted.
As an examiner, an employer, a prospective tertiary institution student, a school proprietor, etc you need to have knowledge of at least 8 best online test platforms that can be used to assess learners, employees, etc. That is why we have compiled a list of the VERY best of such platforms in this read.
What are the Best Online Test Platforms?
Below is a list of the best e-assessment software that enables the assessment of knowledge in any subject area;
Founded in 2013, Tests4Geeks is a service for IT Recruiters, HR Managers, and Team Leads. The programmers build programming tests to make your recruiting process easier. All you need to do is choose a coding test and send it to a candidate. After the applicant finishes the test, you will automatically receive a report via email.
It is the testing service for IT Recruiters, Human Resources, and Team Leads. It saves you a lot of time by helping you avoid wasting time talking to incompetent developers.
The “Custom Branding” feature allows you to use your company’s domain and logo without any mention of Tests4Geeks; thus, candidates will think these programming assessment tests are all yours!
Tests4Geeks pricing starts at $29.95 as a one-time payment. They do not have a free version.Tests4Geeks offers a free trial.
Click the link below to explore this online test platform and additional pricing details here.
Preparing for JAMB 2022? See How To Practice Free Jamb CBT Online in 2022
2. ExamSoft online test platform
ExamSoft delivers superior assessment solutions that leverage the power of data to improve learning performance for every student, teacher, and institution.
The software serves private high schools, undergraduate programs, nursing schools, medical schools, physicians assistant programs, physical & occupational therapy programs, and allied health programs.
3. Test Invite Online Test Platform
Test Invite is an award-winning, cloud-based exam software solution that delivers robust item banking and analytics, control over your entire testing process, and the ability to test securely via LockDown Browser and Webcam Video Recording. You can create, deliver, and grade exams, and then report on student, course, and program performance. Its programmers publish training videos on their YouTube channel so that you can start from day 1.
The software is an online exam software for recruiters and trainers. Assessments of multiple stages can be created so that candidates can flow from one exam to another as long as they succeed.
Awards; Best in,
- Ease of Use Assessment Software (2020)
- Ease of Use Pre-employment Testing Software (2020)
- Value Assessment Software (2020)
- Value Pre-employment Testing Software (2020)
Test Invite pricing starts at $1.00 as a one-time payment. There is a free version. Test Invite offers a free trial. See additional pricing details below.
4. FyreBox Online Test Platform
Use Fyrebox to create multiple-choice quizzes, scenario-based quizzes, and rules-based quizzes. Quizzes can include the use of pictures. Quiz scoring calculates in real-time with quiz results sent by email if desired.
The strength of this system is its easy integration with other contact management systems, which includes being able to connect to over 500 applications through Zapier. The Professional plan version integrates with Mailchimp, SharpSpring, Constant Contact, Vertical Response, Campaign Monitor, Aweber, Active Campaign, Klaviyo, Get Responses, ConvertKit, MailerLite, Mad Mimi, Omnisend, Drip, Infusion Soft, Hubspot, Insightly, and Google Analytics.
- Making quizzes is fast and the Fyrebox staff can make quizzes for clients.
- Quizzes may be chatbots on Facebook Messenger.
- Participants’ data can export automatically to more than 500 applications through the integration with Zapier.
- The Fyrebox brand does not show with paid plans.
- It is easy to design a high-quality, nice-looking certificate for quiz takers using Canva.
This system offers a free 14-day trial for each plan level. A user may upgrade, downgrade, or cancel at any time on the monthly plans. There is a free plan offering a very basic service for a few leads. There are a monthly paid standard subscription plan and the upgrades to a Professional plan or the Professional Team plan. The paid subscription plans have a monthly fee or a discounted annual price.
The free plan allows up to 100 leads. All paid standard subscription plans allow unlimited leads. The Professional plan has all of the standard plan features plus Google Analytics and multi-language capabilities. The Professional Team plan allows multiple users and up to five subaccounts.
5. Poll Maker’s Quiz Maker
Quiz Maker from Poll Maker is another easy-to-use online service that helps you construct assessments. The same simple procedure is in place: add questions, set scoring results, share, and see your reports.
- Engaging interactive content
- Image and media support, automatic social media integration
- Automatic grading and scoring
- Lead generation (ask for an email to view results)
- Test your audience via smartphone and provide live results during a presentation.
This is a free service that covers all basic functionality (limited to 20 responses) and $23 per user per month for the unlimited basic package.
An old-school online test platform service conceived for performing vocabulary tests, Vocabtest comes with a free quiz creator. One can use it to create printable word tests by registering an account and following simple instructions.
- Pick a number of words and assign their definitions
- Add hints, synonyms/antonyms, and use custom scenarios
- Share with your students
The service is available at no cost. It does use display advertising for monetization, however, it’s not overly obtrusive. Donations are accepted for service upgrades and improvement.
The next six test makers are paid solutions with a free spinoff. In most cases, while using the free edition you’ll be strongly advised along the way to upgrade to the commercial version. Free-to-use siblings of paid software may also have functional limitations, watermarks, action-per-session restrictions, and so forth.
However, if you do like the features offered by the freebie you’ll probably benefit even more by migrating to the paid version. Sometimes even a free-version sneak peek can entice you to the richer functionality and tech support delivered with premium subscriptions.
7. ProProfs Quiz
Founded in 2006, ProProfs Quiz Maker is an online quiz authoring tool that allows the creation and sharing of quizzes that are fun and interactive.
As the world’s most trusted free quiz authoring software, it is preferred by educators, trainers, educational institutions, and businesses.
It is most popular for creating scored quizzes, public quizzes, personality quizzes, opinion surveys, polls, online tests, assessments, educational exams, etc.
- Allows you to make a test using existing templates or create your own from scratch
- User-friendly drag-and-drop interface
- You can save time with automatic grading.
ProProfs Quiz Maker is freemium software. A free subscription covers pretty much everything you need, except reports and private tests (all your tests will be made public by default). Paid subscriptions range from $9 for Basic up to 199$ for Enterprise. Nice add-ons include cloud storage, marketing tools, and premium support for the most sophisticated plans.
Companies of all sizes which are looking for gamification, more user engagement on website and social media, effective employee assessment, and innovative lead generation can easily use this tool.
Starts at $19.00 per month. There is a free version though. Also, note that ProProfs Quiz Maker offers a free trial.
The ClassMarker web-based software is an online test platform and creator for teachers and businesses. Use case scenarios include business and training tests; recruitment and pre-employment assessments; educational facilities, schools, universities, distance learning, online courses, e-learning, self-study groups, etc.
- Create quizzes with time limits, public and private test access, multiple choices, short answer, matching, and numerous question types which can include multiple images, files, audio, and video embedded across question and answer options.
- Tests can include set questions or have questions selected at random from the question bank and ordered by category.
- Results graded instantly for learners. Provide individual question feedback and overall test feedback in real-time.
- Break down individual and group performance by test, questions, and categories.
- Add Unlimited Administrators. Custom certificates with branding.
- API Integrations, Set IP Restrictions, GDPR & CCPA Compliant.
- Tips on writing good questions.
ClassMarker offers business and education plans. A business license will cost you $39.95/$79.95 monthly (400 tests/1,000 tests). Educational plans start free which allows full testing capabilities for up to 100 tests per month, paid education plans (which include all upgraded features) cost $19.95/$39.95 monthly (400 tests/1,000 tests) included. Free accounts can’t provide certificates, email results, batch import questions, or upload images or files. 7 Day Customer support for all accounts.
GoConqr is a social learning and testing platform that combines learning tools with an active user community. The platform encompasses a bunch of modules such as Flashcards, Mind Maps, Notes, and others. It also includes the Quizzes module that helps you create sharable quizzes at no cost.
- Easy-to-use, clear interface
- A collection of teacher- and user-generated learning resources. The library enables you to search for quizzes from all over the world
- Easy sharing of quizzes online.
As is customary with freemium services, GoConqr displays ads on free accounts and makes all quizzes public by default. The service provides three plans:
- Basic (create unlimited subjects and unlimited public resources) – no cost
- Premium (create private resources, block resources from copy and go ad-free) – $2.75 per user per month, billed annually.
10. Online Quiz Creator
Online Quiz Creator is an online test platform from QuizWorks helps you create fun-to-play quizzes with advanced features, styling options, and statistics. The software integrates several gamification elements, social features, and learning principles.
- Quiz Engine and algorithm determine the difficulty level of the question by using the actual playing data of the users in real-time
- You can add your logo, change colors and add a background image.
- Publish the test on your own site through an iFrame
- View all kinds of statistics on your test, questions, and players.
QuizWorks offers several plans from free to corporate that sets you back 99$ monthly.
The free version allows unlimited quizzes, yet with a 15-question cap per quiz. Question types include multiple-choice, free text, and fill in the blank. And, quite expectedly, no tech support for free users.
It is advisable to test run these online test platforms before officially using them for the actual assessment. But more importantly, you should read other users’ reviews before even subscribing to any of these platforms. This way, you’ll know just how good and user-friendly the software is or not.
You should also read such reviews from credible third-party sites that are totally independent of any influence from the said software developer.
Cheers to smarter ways of achieving better results!
- My Learning World.com: Top 10 Free Online Quiz Makers for teachers and educators
- Capterra.com – Exam Software